NSA Breed Society Forum 2021
Date: 6th May 2021
As always, the NSA Breed Society Forum takes place on the first Thursday in May – the difference this year is that the event will be online.
Having been forced to cancel last year’s forum due to Covid-19, this year’s online format will provide a long-overdue opportunity for NSA and NSA-affiliated breed societies to exchange information and share updates on their respective activities and priorities. While attendance has been limited to two people per society in previous years, the online format will remove that cap and allow anyone linked to a breed society to attend.
The online forum will be split into two sessions allowing attendees to join for one or both meetings. Pre-registration will be required for both sessions.
Session 1: 11am-12.30pm
- Welcome – Chris Adamson, NSA Activities & Campaigns Officer
- Update on NSA activities – Chris Adamson and Joanne Briggs, NSA Operations Director
- Update on NSA policy work (not specific to topics being covered in session 2) – Sean Riches, NSA Policy & Technical Officer
Break for lunch: 12.30pm-1pm
Session 2: 1pm-2.30pm
- Update on policy issues specifically affecting pedigree breeding flocks (post-Brexit animal movements and zootechnics) – Phil Stocker, NSA Chief Executive
- The latest work from on Premium Sheep & Goat Health Schemes
- The latest work on genetic exports
Additional detail on further speakers will be announced very soon. For further information please email [email protected].