NSA Roadshow Marches Region: Sheep farming in a changing world
Date: 2nd December 2021
Location: Worcester Livestock Market, Nunnery Way, Worcester WR4 0SQ
NSA is running a series of roadshows across the UK to talk to sheep farmers about how NSA represents them, ensuring the UK sheep industry thrives in a changing world.
The UK is going through the biggest changes to farming experienced in generations, and this within a wider changing world. Farming, food, and land management are all highly affected by challenges posed by climate change and the loss of the natural world – and this is compounded by significant economic, social and political uncertainty.
For sheep farming we are on the cusp of big changes in trade patterns with trade deals advanced with Australia and New Zealand, alongside a complete revamp of farming, food and environmental policy that will restructure farm support. But, while there are many risks and challenges there are equal opportunities and the future is bright for those willing to adapt and move with the changing tides.
NSA is working tirelessly to defend sheep farming, to position it as one of the solutions to many of the worlds challenges, and to take actions to turn some of our opportunities into reality. Come along to hear about some of the work being done and also to hear from one of our members about the route they are taking to succeed in the future.
- Introduction and welcome by NSA Marches Region Chair Ant Spencer
- NSA Policy and Technical Officer Sean Riches: What is NSA doing to defend, protect, and lead the sheep industry in these changing times?
- Update on AHDB's work on trade and reputation
- Herefordshire sheep and beef farmer Rich Thomas to present his approach, just one of many, to survive and thrive into the future
- NSA Activities and Campaigns Officer, Chris Adamson: Importance of NSA membership and getting involved
Refreshments will be available. There is no need to register in advance to attend the Roadshow.