Become an NSA member
NSA is a specialist organisation providing a voice for the UK sheep sector. We are funded almost entirely by subscriptions from members, so your support is vital.
From Wednesday 1 st January 2020, NSA has new membership categories on offer. Whether you are an existing NSA member or interested in joining the association for the first time you may wish to take advantage of these categories – and doing so, couldn’t be more simple.
Are you an individual with an interest and / or involvement in the sheep sector?
This is a class of membership open to all individuals resident in the UK, aged 27 years or over that want to support NSA’s vision of ensuring those keeping sheep are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and aspiring to best practice, and those not keeping sheep being increasingly aware of the contribution sheep make to society and of the core aspects of the sector.
Are you aged under 27 with an interest and / or involvement in the sheep sector?
This is a variation on individual membership, for members aged under 27 years old on the day they commence their membership with NSA. In line with NSA’s dedication to encouraging and supporting the sheep farmers and service providers of the future, the fee is half that of standard individual NSA membership.
Are there two people in your household with an interest in the sheep farming enterprise?
Joint membership is a new category allowing two people living at the same address to both receive the NSA Weekly Email Update, share a copy of Sheep Farmer magazine and both gain free (or discounted) entry to NSA Sheep Events – all for just £10 more per year.
Are you a large sheep farming business involving several family members and / or shepherds?
Access a 15% discount on each membership held every year if you pay for three or more (up to a maximum of 25) NSA subscriptions from the same bank account.
Do you value the work NSA does on behalf of the UK sheep industry?
NSA is reliant on membership subscriptions and therefore invites existing members to voluntarily over-pay on their annual fee to further support the vital work of the organisation. Choose to give an extra £20, £40 or £60 per year to NSA, and make this go even further by adding Gift Aid to your subscription. Pay an addition £20, £40 or £60 on top of your chosen membership
Ways to subscribe
- Direct debit. Simply download a membership form at the bottom of this page, fill it in and return it to NSA Head Office. You will receive a 20% discount in the first year that you pay by direct debit.
- Debit or credit card. Click on the link below and do everything online. You will be contacted towards the end of your first year’s membership with the option to convert to direct debit and earn the one-year 20% discount mentioned below.
- We also accept payments by BACS and cheque. Please contact NSA Head Office to discuss these payment options on 01684 892661 or [email protected].
Why be an NSA member?
- NSA strongly represents (to the Government and others) the views of sheep farmers on the ground, urging a common sense dialogue and a focus on practicality on everything that affects sheep farming in this country. Every membership subscription funds this work and strengthens our mandate to speak out on behalf of the industry.
- NSA provides top quality technical information, events and services to help the sheep farming businesses of its members.
NSA prize draws
NSA frequently has prize draws running, with new members automatically entered as a reward for joining NSA, and existing members getting one entry for every friend, family member or neighbour they refer to join the organisation - see www.nationalsheep.org.uk/draw.