NSA statement on sheep events in 2021
27th January 2021
With the announcement yesterday (Tuesday 26th January) that NSA Scot Sheep has been postponed until June 2022, NSA would like to assure trade exhibitors, members and everyone else with an interest in its shows that we are regularly assessing the situation and will share decisions about other events as soon as they are made.
With so many factors at play – not least our farmer hosts, the ever-changing Government Covid-19 restrictions and the ongoing vaccination programme – it is difficult to know what the outcome will be. However, event organisers and other NSA staff/officeholders are in regular communication with each other and local authorities. The decision about each event will be made separately, depending on the specific circumstances.
If events are allowed to go ahead, the dates for 2021 will be as listed below. This information will be updated as soon as we know more.
- NSA Welsh Sheep. Tuesday 18th May at Red House, Aberhafesp, Powys.
- NSA Scot Sheep. Postponed to 2022
- NSA North Sheep. Wednesday 2nd June at Bradford House Farm, Ponteland, Northumberland.
- NSA Sheep South West. Tuesday 22nd June at Rampisham Manor and Cobham Farms, Rampisham, Dorchester.
- NSA Sheep NI. Tuesday 6th July at Tynan Estate, Tynan, County Armagh.
Phil Stocker, NSA Chief Executive, says: “We know our events and ram sales are vital to the sheep sector, not just as a trading platform but also for knowledge exchange, networking and as an uplifting day out to see friends and acquaintances. It was such a huge disappointment to cancel the events in 2020 that we are exploring every avenue for 2021. The situation is changing so frequently that it’s impossible to say with certainty what will happen, but even if the usual regional events cannot go ahead, we hope to ensure some activity for as many members as we can.”
Events confirmed for 2022 so far
- NSA Scot Sheep. Wednesday 1st June at Tealing, Dundee.
- NSA Sheep 2022. Wednesday 17th July at Malvern, Worcestershire.