NSA hits the road to demonstrate sheep farming’s place in a changing world.
11th November 2021
The National Sheep Association (NSA) is looking forward to meeting sheep farmers from across the UK this winter to discuss sheep farming’s role in a changing environment.
In a series of face to face roadshows NSA will explain its work representing the UK sheep farmer, ensuring our sheep sector not only survives, but thrives.
The UK is going through the biggest changes to farming experienced in generations, and this within a wider ever-changing world. Farming, food, and land management are all highly affected by challenges posed by climate change and the loss of the natural world – and this is compounded by significant economic, social and political uncertainty.
For sheep farming the UK is on the cusp of big changes in trade patterns with trade deals advanced with Australia and New Zealand, alongside a complete revamp of farming, food and environmental policy that will restructure farm support. But while there are many risks and challenges there are equal opportunities and the future is bright for those willing to adapt and move with the changing tides.
Joining NSA to discuss this will be representatives from UK levy boards as well as farmers themselves who will share their approaches to farming successfully in the future.
NSA Chief Executive Phil Stocker says: “NSA is working tirelessly to defend sheep farming, to position it as one of the solutions to many of the world’s challenges, and to take actions to turn opportunities into reality. Come along to hear about some of the work being done and also to hear from our members about the route they are taking to succeed in the future”.
The roadshows will be free to attend and will be taking place throughout November and December at the following locations. All roadshows begin at 7pm unless otherwise stated:
- NSA Eastern Region - Thursday 11th November, Heath Court Hotel, Newmarket, CB8 8DY, 6.30pm
- NSA Northern Region – Tuesday 16th November, Darlington Auction Mart, DL2 2XX
- NSA Central Region – Thursday 18th November, Leek Auction Centre, ST13 5PY
- NSA Marches Region – Thursday 2nd December, Worcester Livestock Market, WR4 0SQ
- NSA Northern Ireland Region – Monday 6th December, location TBC
- NSA South West Region - Tuesday 7th December, The Globe, Topsham, EX3 0HR
- NSA Scottish Region – Monday 13th December, Stirling Auction Mart, FK9 4RN
- NSA Cymru / Wales Region – Tuesday 14th December, location TBC
- NSA South East Region – Thursday 16th December, Ashford Cattle Market, TN24 0HB
For more information visit www.nationalsheep.org.uk/events