About NSA Scotland
The aim of NSA Scotland, the Scottish Region of the National Sheep Association, is to work with the national organisation to represent the views and interests of sheep producers. NSA is funded by its membership of sheep farmers and its activities involve it in every aspect of the sheep industry.
NSA is a grassroots organisation and officeholders are predominantly active sheep farmers with working knowledge of the realities of running a sheep farming business. .
Specifically for NSA members in Scotland, the NSA Scottish Region aims to:
- Complement the work of the national organisation by promoting and protecting the interests of sheep farmers in Scotland.
- Facilitate the flow of ideas from sheep farmers in Scotland throughout the NSA Scotland and NSA structure, to ensure messages delivered to Scottish Government and other influential bodies represents the views of grassroots farmers.
- Communicate and negotiate with the Scottish Government and other organisations on legislative and regulatory procedures.
- Maintain a local network for NSA members in Scotland and represent NSA Scotland at events in keeping with the objectives of the association.
- Keep NSA members in Scotland informed on NSA activities and other industry news.