Could you be the driving force in NSA Central Region?
27th August 2019
The nine regions of the National Sheep Association (NSA) are integral to the organisation’s success, feeding the views and needs of grassroots farmers into all areas of work and providing forums and events for NSA members to share experiences, air opinions and gain information. Due to the forthcoming retirement of an existing officeholder, an exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of this network, with NSA Central Region looking for a new secretary to organise and co-ordinate its presence in Cheshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Staffordshire.
NSA Central Region is looking for a self-motivated individual ready to make this role their own and work with the small and friendly team of regional sheep farming committee members to drive the profile and activity of NSA in the area. It would suit anyone with good organisation skills and an interest in promoting the interests of the sheep sector.
This flexible role, paid for by NSA Central Region on an honorarium basis, includes:-
- Organising and taking minutes at four committee meetings annually, to include an Annual Regional Members’ Meeting.
- Arranging and/or supporting the arrangement of regional activities such as farm walks, evening meetings and social events.
- Supporting the organisation of the NSA Central Region biennial event, with a view to potentially taking on the organisation of the event in the future (for which a separate event organisers’ fee would be paid if this arises).
- Ensuring the successful delivery of the NSA Central Region Next Generation Shepherd Competition, typically within the NSA Central Region Early Gathering.
- Attending three NSA Regional Managers Meetings (whole day meetings) at NSA Head Office, Worcestershire, annually.
The full job description (available to download below) includes a long list of responsibilities, but do not be put off (!) as many of these are minor tasks and can be done in conjunction with a supportive team at NSA Head Office.
Applications close at end of play on Monday 16th September 2019. Interviews will be held on Friday 27th September at Chatsworth Farm Office, Pilsley, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1PJ.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] or NSA, The Sheep Centre, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13 6PH. Please call David Howlett, NSA Central Region Chairman, on 07788 233832 to discuss the role – or email any questions to Joanne Briggs at NSA Head Office at [email protected].