Annual Winter Workshop
Join NSA Next Generation to share experiences of adding value to sheep enterprises!
Each year, the NSA Next Generation programme holds an open event to inspire and inform young people with an interest in the sheep sector. We aim to cater for everyone with a passion for sheep farming, from new entrants looking to get a foot in the door, to those wanting to expand an enterprise or take on more responsibility in a long-established business as well as anyone who is simply keen to learn more about sheep farming.
The popular event is now in its seventh year and to meet growing demand a second conference date has been added to the NSA Diary of Events.
The two conferences, which are both free to attend will take place at J24 Sedgemoor Auction Centre, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6TS on Tuesday 5th November and at J36 Rural Auction Centre, Milnthorpe, Kendal, Cumbria, LA7 7NU on Thursday 7th November. Both events start at 10am and finish at approximately 3pm.
NSA will be joined by leading industry experts to deliver a total of six differently themed, interactive workshops from which attendees can choose four to attend. Workshops this year will include:
- Profitable sheep farming - How do you know if you are making money?
- How to access the land you want - Take home advice on the options available to help you secure grazing
- Optimising production through sheep nutrition - Local vets discuss common nutritional problems to be aware of
- Combatting Liver fluke - NSA supporters Moredun Institute will join us for an interactive discussion on this increasing issue
- Setting the sheep farming record straight - How to promote our industry against recent criticisms
- Look after yourself, not just your sheep - Looking after your own mental health
The event is free to attend for ages 16 to 35, including a free lunch. We look forward to seeing you there!
For further details please contact NSA Communications Officer Katie James on 01684 892661 or email [email protected]
This years event will be the seventh time NSA Next Generation has hosted an event for young people interested in working in the UK sheep industry, whether just starting out with a sheep enterprise or looking to take on more responsibility in the family farm. The events follow successful events in Northumberland, Wiltshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Cumbria and Powys. Read a report from a previous event here.