Come and work for NSA!
9th April 2019
A number of exciting employment opportunities are currently available with the National Sheep Association - from a few hours a week at NSA Head Office in Worcestershire or a flexible role in NSA Marches Region, to a permanent role in NSA Scottish Region or a specialist position within livestock research. Read more here and contact us for information
NSA Scottish Region Co-ordinator
- Where: Home-based in Scotland.
- Commitment and remuneration: Four days a week on a pro rata salary of £21k-£24k (i.e. £16.8k-£20,000) depending on the candidate.
- Job description: Available soon.
- Application process: Dates to be provided soon but, to express an initial interest, email [email protected]. The intention is to have someone in position by June 2019.
The NSA Scottish Region Coordinator will sit within the NSA Scottish Region structure and link closely to NSA support functions at NSA Head Office. The role will facilitate and support policy work in NSA Scottish Region; develop, expand and organise initiatives and campaigns to raise the profile of the association in Scotland, optimising press coverage, strengthening its profile and increasing its ability to recruit and retain members; and facilitate and support the work of NSA Scottish Region Committee, integrating key policy topics into meetings, events and activities and ensuring consistency between different areas of work.
NSA Marches Region Secretary
- Where: Home-based, within NSA Marches Region or easy travelling distance.
- Commitment and remuneration: A flexible role averaging out at a few hours per month, paid as a £1,000 annual honorarium.
- Job description: Available to download at the bottom of this page.
- Application process: Apply before Tuesday 7th May. Interviews on Wednesday 15th May with the role to begin immediately afterwards. Send your CV and covering letter to Joanne Briggs, NSA Operations Director, at NSA Head Office ([email protected]). Call Antony Spencer, NSA Marches Region Chairman, on 07973 301954 to discuss the role, or email any questions to Joanne.
NSA Marches Region is looking for a new secretary to organise and co-ordinate its presence in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire. The role would suit a self-motivated individual with a desire to make this role their own and work with a small and friendly team of regional sheep farming committee members to drive the profile and activity of NSA in the area. It would suit anyone with good organisation skills and an interest in promoting the interests of the sheep sector. The role includes: organising and taking minutes for four regional committee meetings and an Annual Regional Members' Meeting; organising a small number of regional activities such as farm walks, evening meetings or social events; helping with the biennial NSA Marches Region Next Generation event; co-ordinating NSA Marches Region involvement in the biennial NSA Sheep Event; and attending three NSA Regional Managers Meetings (whole day meetings) at NSA Head Office, Worcestershire, annually. The full job description (available to download below) includes a long list of responsibilities, but do not be put off (!) as many of these are minor tasks done in conjunction with a supportive team at NSA Head Office.
NSA Livestock Researcher - maternity cover
- Where: NSA Head Office, Worcestershire, or home-based, depending on the candidate.
- Commitment and remuneration: Three days a week on a pro rata salary of £21k (i.e. £12.6k) for a minimum of six months from June/July 2019 and a maximum of 12 months.
- Job description: Available soon.
- Application process: Dates to be provided soon but, to express an initial interest, email [email protected].
This role will deliver existing NSA research commitments, and further develop, expand and organise future opportunities in order to drive research agendas to the benefit of commercial sheep farmers and communicate projects and their findings to NSA members.
NSA Bookkeeping Assistant
- Where: NSA Head Office, Worcestershire.
- Commitment and remuneration: Flexible role to be paid by the hour.
- Application process: To express an interest, send your CV and covering letter to Karen Sumner, NSA Bookkeeper, at NSA Head Office ([email protected]) before Monday 13th May. Call Karen on 01684 892661 to discuss the role or email her any questions.
This is a flexible position offered by NSA for someone with competent basic accountancy / bookkeeping skills. We are looking for someone with experience of basic bookkeeping and accountancy software packages to support our existing bookkeeper in her busy role. The role would suit someone willing to work on a zero hours' contract or self-employed basis. We estimate the time offered to be in the region of eight hours a week, ideally spread over two or three days a week.